Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Retro Wedding Invites




Something I've learned over the last 3 months is that the most difficult client to do work for is yourself. But if you push through the bad ideas, frustration and tears, it's a feeling like no other when you can be satisfied with something you design for you. So often, as designers, we focus on making others happy and pleased, but we can be a lot harder on ourselves because we know what we're capable of. I can't tell you how many awful ideas I had before I stumbled across this one. I wanted to do something totally unique for my own wedding invitations, something that would really pull me out of my comfort zone. So I decided to design retro wedding invitations to display characteristics of the 1950's and portray an old love story. The pack included 4 postcards: an invitation, a love letter from Dan to me, a letter from me to Dan and an RSVP. The pack will be tied together with some type of black leather, adorned with some type of pearl and placed in a red envelop that compliments the colors just perfectly.  The pictures are compliments of Angela Sackett and Loving Legacy Photography (what a fabulous job)! What a fun collaboration! 

1 comment:

  1. Jenn you are an awesome artist. I think this is the most creative, unique and diferent wedding invitation I've ever seen. The photography is incredible; the typography tides everything together nice and smoodly. Amazing piece, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete